Thursday, September 21, 2006

SIN XIA POH

Hey guys welcome to Sin Xia Poh...
(..what? not Singapore meh... no, no it's Sin Xia Poh leh..)

Here's a scenario of my conversation on the phone with this lady named Jocelyn while trying to enquire her about a job post in the Straits Times...

(calling Jocelyn, ring ring... ring...)
aRy: Hi good afternoon, is that Jocelyn on the line?
Jocelyn: (mumbled) Alo.. Alo.. Alo..
aRy: (repeating my line again) Hi, is that Jocelyn on the line?
Jocelyn: Alo yah.. You who? I Jocelyn.

(okay well, she sounds more like an 'ah soh' rather than a lady whom I expected for a professional designer to talk)

aRy: Oh hi Jocelyn, this is aRy. I'm kind of interested on the job post that your company advertised on the Straits Times. May I know if the position is still open for an interview?
Jocelyn: (she seems confused) Huh? What? Oh you want the design job one ah?
aRy: Yah that's right. I was referring to the Graphic Designer post.
Jocelyn: (within a split second) You from Singapore ah?
aRy: Yes, I'm a Singaporean. A graduate from Nanyang Academy Of Fine Arts.
Jocelyn: You chinese ah?
aRy: (trying my best to be patient) Oh no. I'm a malay guy over here.
Jocelyn: You malay, you know how to talk chinese or not?
aRy: (getting irritated) Sorry. I'm afraid that I'm not able to speak mandarin.
Jocelyn: Aiya than how ah..
aRy: Sorry?
Jocelyn: Because ah here all chinese people want. We talk English lor but I think....
........TOOOOT
-the line went dead-
(The stupid bitch didn't get to finish her sentence. I hanged up on her)

*No offence to all the readers. I'm not racist but I just couldn't tolerate with such nonsence.

No comments: